Wednesday, September 5, 2007

U.S. Open

I've been watching the U.S. Open a lot lately and stumbled upon this gorgeous bombshell from Serbia - Ana Ivanovic. She's been compared to looking like Rita Hayworth and happens to be ranked #5 in the world! Too bad she got eliminated last week. It's hard to tell - she's 6 feet tall!

The image “http://www.anaivanovic.com/image.php?file=pictures/news/874/USO0704.jpg&width=350&scale=aspect_ratio” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


Roger Federer, MR. 007 of Pro Tennis and ranked #1 in the world, by FAR - he's a legend. Roger is not the best-looking guy (looks kinda like quentin tarantino w/ the big schnazz and funny chin) but what a tennis stud. I am SO JEALOUS THAT MY BRO GOT TO SEE ROGER PLAY AT THE OPEN IN NY last week. It's one of my dreams to watch Roger Federer play live. He looks a like a frickin ninja here in Monday night's win over the Argentinian - Feliciano Lopez.Federer looks even sleeker in his black on black ensemble. Tonight he plays the All-American and over-hyped Andy Roddick in the semi's. I know, I'm a traitor, but Andy Roddick bugs the heck outta me. He's not that good-looking, his tennis is very one dimensional, and he's really cocky. I like Mr.Harvard-man James Blake much better. I predict Federer kicks his ass in 3 easy sets.

The image “http://www.rogerfederer.com/data/img/0708_usopen_pz_2_4_6821.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://www.rogerfederer.com/data/img/0708_usopen_pz_2_6_6817.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Waiting Game:
I turned in my thesis to the chair of my thesis committee last Friday. Thank God! However, my advisor is STILL reviewing it. I know I can be impatient but my approved thesis is to be turned in next Wednesday, and I still have to get my draft back from my chair, make the necessary changes (hopefully not too many!), and STILL have two of my other advisors review and approve the beast. In the meantime, I've been busying myself with plenty to do. Over the long weekend I cooked for a dinner party, ran errands, got a pre-natal PT massage, went to church, braved the crowds at South Coast, had more friends over, went to a few family functions, watched the U.S. Open, and tried to rest in between all of that.

Pre-natal Yoga:
Yesterday I took a pre-natal yoga class at Yoga Shakti and I loved it. It wasn't too hard, but today I'm a lil sore so I guess it was challenging enough. We're mostly on our feet and sitting-up the whole time. The yoga class I took in the Bay Area was much more challenging, probably because it wasn't geared for pregnant ladies haha. During the last 10 mins of the 90 min class, the yoga instructor pretty much told us to take nap on our sides and put pillows b/w our legs, under the arms and head... it was very relaxing. After yoga, I decided to take a dip in the pool. I swam a full ONE lap (2 lengths of the pool) haha. Today I feel really tired, relaxed, and am checking my email every 5 mins pining for a response from my advisor.

Retail Upgrades:
The new Whole Foods in the District in Tustin is INSANE. It's the biggest most expensive grocery story I've come across (makes Bristol Farms look CHEAP). The Tustin Whole Foods is equipped with the snootiest foodie bars: a Brazilian churrascaria, taqueria, panini bar, WINE AND TAPAS bar, truffles bar, seafood bar, SMOKED MEATS bar, coffee and tea bar, sushi bar, and buffets of hot food. I decided to try a samosa but was disappointed b/c it tasted too "healthy" for me. The samosa cost $2.75 and was underseasoned. I'm still loyal to my fave Wholesome Choice which offers samosa's (granted smaller than Whole Foods) at only 75cents plus it's perfectly seasoned and come with TWO dipping sauces. I also bought some Tunisian olives from the olive bar and crostini from Whole Foods - they were both excellent. Try not to go during peak hours - you'll get run-over!

Diamond Plaza is coming to Irvine on Jamboree and Alton!! INCLUDING THE FAMOUS DING-TAI FUNG DUMPLING HOUSE . I pass by this plaza everyday but judging by the progress of construction - the new Chinese shopping ctr won't be ready until probably at least the 2nd/3rd qtr of 2008.

2 comments:

Josephine said...

OMG, i can't wait until Diamond Plaza is done!

That tennis player is really hot! She kinda looks like vanessa mannilo (sp?), nick lachey's gf?

Hmm, i should give yoga a try. My doctor told me i am waaaay overweight (gained 10 lbs my first trimester). She told me the best exercise is to swim, so I've been giving it a try too! How is everything else?

tiramesu82 said...

Hi Caroline, I'm planning on going to Yoga Shakti for prenatal yoga across from UCI on Saturday at 11am. Let me know if you're interested and we can meet there!

Btw, pregnant momma's who are on the thin side to begin with ought to gain more weight than those of us who are of heavier/healthier stature to begin with;) Plus, weight gain during pregnancy is genetic (should be similar to your mom's pregnancies).