Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Last stretch

Almost there... just 2 more days until my defense and 3 more days until I'm DONE with academia. I've spent the whole night working way my through some revisions from, you guessed it, Mr.Asshole #2 Advisor whom finally gave me back my thesis with his edits a whole week later. It probably only took him one day to look at it too. I still have to revamp my discussion section, abstract, and work on another graph. Not to mention, throw together a thesis presentation. By the end of this week, my thesis will be freakin' bulletproof.

Maybe I won't be completely done with academia after I turn the beast in - I'm looking forward to some leisurely learning like picking up Spanish again (for realz this time - naturally in h.s. I didn't pay attention) and improving my Mandarin. Even taking a few art history classes or something fun. I still need to think about what other subjects interest me without killing myself. However, I do know that I'm finished with higher education after this. FOREVER. PERIOD. Seriously, I can't take it anymore. For you over-achieving doctors and PhD's PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK. I'm just not built like that. AND I will not force my child into graduate school unless it is his or her desire.

New 80-gig hard-drive baby: The good news is that my new hard-drive came in yesterday and now I can work on my own laptop again! Thanks Chuperman for setting this up - you're my hero=D I know you probably can't wait until Friday either!

Carrot in front of the horse: After I turn in my thesis on Friday, I'm going to go on an eating spree. I'm looking forward to Morton's and Mastro's. I've never been to either. I know - 2 steakhouses in one week - but hey, life is short, my coupons will expire very soon, and my fave get-out-jail card saying "I'm feeding for 2" is very fitting in this instance. I'm also looking forward to more Vie de France, Lawry's Carvery, and Earthen:P

Speaking of spree's: I went on a few shopping spree's last week to decompress. I needed some serious retail therapy. I was looking at my on-line cc statement today and saw this mysterious transaction: "Hennes & Mauritz - NEW YORK" and thought to myself "Oh my God, I haven't been to NY since last fall! This is another encounter with fraud!" (the 1st one was in Costa Rica). But, silly me, Hennes and Mauritz stands for H&M clothing with hq in NY. heee. The H&M at South Coast is kind of small - I think I like the one at Spectrum better.

The image “http://www.pinkberry.com/html/images/pinkberrycontent.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


Pinkberry newsflash: Most locals know that Pinkberry is coming to The District, but did you know Pinkberry is coming to Fashion Island as well!! YAYY!!!! I must say, I live too close to Fashion Island, South Coast, Pacific Whey, Zov's, etc..and my office is right next to the District.... it's SOO hard to stay discliplined.

2 comments:

elsa said...

i'm surrounded by pinkberry's up here in la! i love it!

tiramesu82 said...

oh my goodness - i'd be screwed if i lived in westLA!