Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Dumping physical memory"

On top of difficulties getting my thesis approved (mainly by Mr.Jerk #2 advisor) and hence turning the beast in later than I thought and prolonging the pain, AND finding out that we're having a BOY now instead of a GIRL - my laptop died last night. It started off with the laptop making a funny race car noise, then all the applications started slowing down, i quickly transferred everything to my flash-drive like my THESIS, etc. Luckily, I pretty much had allof my thesis doc's on email and the flash-drive anyway. So no data was lossed due to hard drive failure. It was sad when the screen said something like "dumping physical memory".

Even though it's already been a bumpy week so far and it's only Wednesday, I know that things could definitely be worse. After my thesis is defended, approved, and turned in Chuperman and I are goign to San Diego for a weekend on a much-needed get-away.

I GOT CARDED! A few weeks ago I was at Trader Joe's and I bought like 2 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of Belgium beer for a dinner party. When checking-out, I was wondering if the cashier would notice my pregnant bump and automatically think I'm over 21. Well, he carded me! =D I was ecstatic. I didn't care if he didn't notice my pregnant bump or if he just thought I was chubby and looked young:)

Comments on how I look: As superficial as this may sounds, being a pregnant lady, we still need to hear positive words of reinforcement on how we look. Since after all, the media and society puts an overwhelming importance on physical image and especially the need for women to look thin and beautiful. Well, it's kind of hard to look thin when you have a baby growing inside you! Anyway, most of my friends and family and even complete strangers have been very encouraging and positive saying stuff like "you look great", "you have a glow", "you look tiny for being 22 wks pregnant", "you've gotten prettier so it prob means you're having a girl" haha. Thank you to those who have been so supportive of my growing waistline. A lil bit of sensitivity goes a long way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you look beautiful! =) Call me any time you need encouragement! =) Congrats on your baby boy!!! Now that it's 100%, I am going to start looking for cute outfits! haha

tiramesu82 said...

aww thanks karen - you're the sweetest and the bestest! i know i can always count on you to be the sunshine in my day. sappy but true haha.

oh.. it's actually 95% accurate not 100%!

Josephine said...

don't worry, i got a lot of the "you are glowing, you look MUCH better than before, it must be a girl" speech.

and i feel ya, we still need some encouragement at times. but you look really good! you should see me, i look like the pillsbury doughboy!