Monday, September 10, 2007

Correction: 11 more days...

... so originally, my deadline to submit my masters thesis was September 12 - in just TWO days. In my mind, I thought I'd be free and clear in just 2 sweet days. I really thought the end was near. I couldn't be more wrong. Even though the chair of my committee has reviewed, given me feedback (then I made the necessary changes), and has APPROVED the beast - 2 of my other advisors still need to review and approve the manuscript of which one of them happens to be picky as hell. The 3rd advisor is really laid-back and shouldn't give me too many problems.

Thesis Defense: AND on top of that, the chair of my committee JUST informed me 2 days before I thought I could submit it, that I have to have a spontaneous thesis defense with all 3 of my advisors present. What the heck! I have to make a freakin PowerPoint presentation now and then get grilled to death. Fabulous. All of the other masters students didn't have a defense nor did they to make a presentation - why pick on the pregnant lady? The pregnant card does not work in this instance. And because the mean # 2 advisor needs more time to critique the heck out of my thesis, I'm going to have to turn in the beast next week instead of in just 2 days - thus, prolonging the P-A-I-N. And by pain, I'm talking about pulling all-nighters, no shopping, being mal-nourished, no leisurely reading, no free time... but mostly the no-sleep part sucks. Anyway, such is life. Bring it on Mr. Asshole #2 advisor. Ms. Lenient #3 advisor can review it in lickity-split ONE day - Mr.Asshole #2 advisor -why do you have to make life so difficult.

I'm going to have another OB check-up on Thursday. I expect greatly elevated blood pressure readings from my normal 110/70 caused from my thesis.

Congrats to Roger! only 2 more to beat Pete Sampras' record:

The image “http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/b_0909_068_federer.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Btw, while finalizing the revisions of my thesis - the tube was turned on in the background to US Open men's final yesterday. CONGRATS to FEDERER on his 12th grand slam title. Great match yesterday. Federer is simply amazing. I predict that Djokovic will be the next #1 ranked tennis player in the world in about 2 years. Currently ranked at #3, Djokovic is only 20 yrs old and has room for improvement. I hated him at first b/c he was just so cocky and inmature during the Australian Open early this year, but has matured rather quickly since then into a charismatic joker. He still has a temper tho which is entertaining to watch. I think he might be more popular than the #1 Federer now. I also predict that Federer will indeed surpass Pete Sampras' 14 grand slam titles. I think Federer will eventually hold 16-18 grand slam titles under his belt.

No comments: