Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Almond "Dark" Chocolate Cupcake

The image “https://app.e2ma.net/userdata/5305/assets/almond_logo.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
The image “https://app.e2ma.net/userdata/5305/assets/almond_copy.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Chuperman is gonna kill me. I couldn't resist trying Sprinkle's new cupcake flavor - almond dark choc cupcake=P I'm not a huge fan of Sprinkles, however, I was impressed with the deliciously moist almond cake. The almond essence in the cake reminded me of the popular Chinese jello dessert "almond tofu" or "almond pudding" ("xin nen dou fu"). As usual, the frosting was way too sugary and did not satisfy my dark chocolate tastebuds. In fact, the claimed "dark chocolate" frosting tasted more like milk chocolate (booo!!). I think Zov's makes the best cupcakes in recent memory - I love their red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting haha.. I know, I have major problems. I need to go to a Sugar Addicts Anonymous meeting or something. Thanks Bootie for getting me into trouble! I blame you for informing me of Sprinkle's latest creation. haha. Anyway, 2 doors down from Sprinkle's sits Gelato Paradiso. And across the way is Bristol Farms. The devil is here. I'm finalizing my thesis at the kick-ass Newport Library, which as locals would know - is dangerously close to all the good eats/good sweets. I'm also an arm's length away from Teuscher Swiss Chocolates in Fashion Island. Everyday is such a struggle! I comfort myself with thinking that going on long walks at night might counteract my glucose spikes. I'll prob be reporting my pregnancy weight gain in kilograms now on haha. Okie, back to more fun at the library.

4 comments:

Annie said...

yum! love dark chocolate and love almond flavor. i will have to place an order with the hubby.

mefull said...

my pleasure!! hahaha!! always glad to help! miss you, dearie!

mefull said...

http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/

check out this site!

tiramesu82 said...

i think i like sprinkles again haha