Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fetal Gender

Two days ago at a bday party, we heard of someone getting U/S from 3 different OB's ALL saying that she was having a GIRL. But on the day of delivery - VOILA - BOY. The general gyst of that experience is DON'T CUT THE TAGS. Hearing this story made me queasy and was like an omen for us...

SURPRISE: I moved my OB appt from Thursday to today so that Chuperman could come with me. The OB was kind enough to give me another impromptu U/S. I wanted to double-check the gender of the baby b/c back in week 17, the OB said I was having a GIRL. Well guess what? We're having a BOY now! Unbelievable right?! We got our warning 2 days ago that U/S can indeed by wrong. I'm 22 weeks pregnant now and the chances that the U/S is correct is now 95% accurate (once past the 20 wk point) so now we're having a baby boy! haha. Good thing I haven't had the time to buy a single thing for the baby. We didn't have any tags to cut anyway. I wouldn't buy baby clothes this early - I'm smart enough to know that U/S can be unreliable. The way the fetus moves so rapidly in the amniotic fluid and the precision of the imaging makes it hard to read U/S scans. We are thinking of doing a 4-D U/S. Any rec's?

Thesis update: As predicted, Ms. Lenient #3 Advisor promptly returned my thesis with minor comments to me this afternoon. Now still waiting on Mr.Difficult #2 Advisor.

Crystal Cove: To decompress from all the stress from my thesis, I took a 40 min hike on the beach. It was much needed and I felt so much better afterwards, only to be stressed out again 2 hours later with the news of the updated gender of my baby!

Even though I've been super stressed out with my thesis and now in shock that we're having a boy instead of having a girl, I still very thankful and blessed. A boy will be just as amazing! Regardless of the gender, we would be so blessed with a happy and healthy baby. Thank you God for providing us with this growing miracle.

3 comments:

Josephine said...

OMG, are you serious??!! I just got my 17 wk u/s and the tech told me she "thinks" we are having a girl, but she said the legs were crossed the whole time.

Congrats on a baby boy!!!! Do you think that will happen to me too?

I wish i could have joined you at yoga this past weekend, but I had to go to my friend's bachelorette party.

tiramesu82 said...

it could happen b/c u/s can be unreliable - just don't go shopping yet and tell your friends not to go shopping either.

i didn't go to yoga last wkend b/c i was stuck at home revising my thesis.

Annie said...

that is so crazy! congrats!!!