Thursday, August 2, 2007

I'm 29 today!

My birthday really came up fast this year! It has been such a crazy day! I started off my day at the DMV. My DL expires today, so I figured today was a good day to go in and get my DL renewed finally. I never got a renewal in the mail and then I just forgot altogether until recently. For those of you who have seen my DL know that the pic of me at age 16 looks NOTHING like me now. Back then I was a super tomboy and was really really dark (we're talking filipina maid dark here). Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my new license so that when I get carded (hopefully many many many times more) that I won't get multiple double takes. The DMV experience today was actually quite brief - it took me only 20 minutes to get in and outta there. FYI: The DMV does not take CC yet. However, they do take debit card, check, and of course cash.

Shortly after the DMV, I went straight to work and learned that both my assistant and my mom we're gonna bail for the day for various reasons. GREAT. So pretty much I was juggling 3 phone lines (including my cell phone haha), doing lab work, handling client visits, and OH my stats professor emailed me back for a confirmation on appt to meet next Monday. SCORE! So happy that she can help me. So, I've also been looking over some stats today... busy busy.

Being an August baby, I'm very accustomed to having ppl forget my bday altogether - b/c many ppl take vacations in August. But this year, ppl actually remembered! This is the first time I felt somewhat popular haha.

Thanks to all of my buddies for sending me birthday wishes via text message, phone, emails, VM's, and my first dessert of the day - PEACH PIE from Marie Callender's!! Boy am I screwed today! Oh well, it's my bday, next week I will fast for sure to make sure that glucose level stays down! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside - and the day ain't over yet! Love you guys! Thank you for making me feel so special!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday baby! i hope you had wonderful 29th bday and many more to come. thanks for always being such a sweet and thoughtful wife. hope you enjoyed the cakes, cupcakes and all the good food on your big day. :)

bikingmama said...

Happy 29th birthday, Michelle! Hope you had a great day! :)