Friday, August 10, 2007

My Dream Literally Came True!

Yesterday afternoon I saw my new OB and he was super nice and not to mention HILARIOUS, he granted me my wish of finding out the sex of our baby! I am SO GLAD I changed OB's. Even Chuperman was super happy with my new OB.

First he used a doppler to hear the piglet's heart beat, which is 145 beats per minute! The heart is beating so fast because the lil body is working so hard to grow each and everyday.

Then without much warning, he busted out the ultrasound machine and proceeded to gel and then scan my belly! OMG I was so thrilled to see the baby's big head, big belly, heart fluttering, legs kicking, arms moving - ALREADY at 17 weeks!

The baby was lying on the back side, then turned to the side - facing us - and BOOM, the OB announced that we're having a lil girl piglet!!! =D Chuperman could immediately tell also. I could tell as well, but wanted the OB to double check! But he told me, "You've already seen it (privates) one time, don't keep looking at her privates" hahaaa.. then he added, "Michelle is bad huh?" Hilarious OB.

Keep in mind that Chuperman and I were not ready to see an u/s quite this fast b/c I was always told that we won't find out the sex of the baby until week 20. I asked him when I can find out, and he told me "maybe today".. hehe... that's one of the perks of going to a doc that has a private practice - the U/S machine was right next to him. At my old OB's office, there wouldn't have been a chance in the world that they would have granted me this wish. The new OB rocks! I got to find out the sex a lil earlier and he has excellent bed-side manner. When I first met him, he said, "it's the end of the day, you must be tired. Are you feeling okay?" Talk about welcoming:)

And best of all, my new OB is NOT concerned that I have gestational diabetes (GDM). He was like, "You don't look diabetic" hahaaa. Chuperman might have a different opinion, especially because of all the bday celebrations lately.... can we say - CAKE, ICE CREAM, RED VELVET CUPCAKE, PEACH PIE, ICE CREAM, ICE CREAM, ICE CREAM, ICE CREAM, ICE CREAM, ICE CREAM, ICE CREAM, ICE CREAM, & CANDY. I have had the BIGGEST craving for red velvet cupcakes and carrot cake. It must be the calcium and protein in the cream cheese frosting that is necessary for the baby to survive. D'oh! Btw, we saw the new Simpson's movie. HILARIOUS!! Go watch it - They really pulled it off!

Thankfully, I happened to throw my camera into my purse in the AM! Chuperman recorded some of the u/s on video;) There are 2 videos. The first one is of the her heartbeat - look closely, you can only see her heart valves jump up and down for the first 2-3 secs before the doc freezes the panel to measure the baby. The second video is longer, toward the end of the video you can see the baby turning on her side, kicking with her legs up, and her arm extending to touch her feet!

The image “http://chumi.smugmug.com/photos/182397902-O.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

2 U/S Videos

She is lying on her back. Her head is on the right and her belly is in the middle/left. Legs on the very left (harder to see).

Recap of some stats:
Due Date: January 15, 2008
This makes me approximately 17-18 wks pregnant as of today, so I'm 4 months pregnant;)
Weight Gained By Mommy Piggie so far: 3lbs
(keep in mind, that mommy piggie was already of healthy weight to begin with so mommy piggie doesn't need to gain too much weight and also mommy piggie is suspected of having gestational diabetes -GDM - so she can't go too crazy at the dessert buffet and always fighting off cravings for sweets.. so sad.. haha)
CRL: 12 cm long already;)
Heart Rate: 145 bpm
Weight: approximately 7 oz
Mommy Piggie's psychic ability: I had a dream 2 wks ago that I was getting an u/s and we found out the piggie was a GIRL!
And whatya know! VOILA!
Gender: GIRL!!

The image “http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev014prs__.png” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


It has been a very active, extremely stressful, and long week, hence, the lack of posts. I listed "mood swings" as one of my symptoms of pregnancy at the OB's office yesterday. haha. Sorry Chuperman for being a psycho-pregnant wife. Thank God you're going to be a doctor and you have an extremely high tolerance for psycho patients. It really is the hormones I say!!! My mood, everything changed when I saw the u/s. Seeing our baby move around completely obliterated all of the stress I was dealing with. Thank you lil baby girl piglet for being our big blessing:) You make momma piggie & Chuperman very happy:)

Thank you God for blessing me with our growing baby piggie and for the most wonderful and PATIENT hubby.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Michelle and Isaac! I am so happy for you guys! =) A precious little girl!

Josephine said...

OMG!! Congratulations!!!! She is going to be a really really cute girl! =)

Keep blogging, I love your entries. You are the only one I know who is going through the same thing right now and your blog makes my day. Thanks!

elsa said...

congratulations, michelle!! mommy's and daddy's little girl. :)

bikingmama said...

wow, you got to find out so early! congratulations! girls are so much fun! heehee :D