Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Happy August!

I love August because it's my birthday month - woohoo!! Leos RULE. The world revolves around Leos. We are the life of the party. That's pretty much the stereotypical way of thinking for my sign. However, I think I'm more laid back. I actually don't mind getting older. I have lots to look forward to:) The glass is half full, baby!

Actually, August is not my favorite month. August is too damn hot. I think I like March, April, and May better.

I don't care if my doctors think I have gestational diabetes (GDM). I'm going to have cake tomorrow =D. Depending on how I feel, I'm going to make chocolate cupcakes with whip cream or I'm going to arrange for a red velvet cupcake or a Chinese cake. We're going to be celebrating my mom's b-day too. She's a Leo - it must be the reason why we get along so well. It's our magnetic personalities that easily win us friendships - however, sometimes our decisive and spontaneous nature gets us into trouble. Chuperman specifically did not want our baby to be another August baby hahaa... well, so far he got his wish - the baby ain't coming out until the winter:)

I never thought that I was going to have a winter baby. Since I was born in August, I just always thought my baby was going to be a summer baby - when most babies are born right? Good logic. I'm kind of glad that by the time I hit my 3rd trimester in October-ish, the weather will be nice and cool :)

Even though my mom does not have any stretch marks from either of her pregnancies from me and my bro, I'm still going to take extra precaution. Thank God for on-line shopping - I just purchased Mustela Double Action Stretch Mark Cream (2nd from left) from Sephora. Thanks Toronto for referring me!

The image “http://www.mustelausa.com/about_9m.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Does anyone know how to use SPSS, a statistics program for grad students? Or better yet, can I recruit anyone with mad writing skills with expertise in scientific research? I'd pay Chuperman to finish off my damn thesis b/c he so happens to have 3 peer-reviewed articles (MCB and emergency medicine) under his belt, but of course he refused. He probably wouldn't help me anyway even if he weren't so busy. He says that paying off other ppl to finish my thesis is unethical. Pooey. My stats professor hasn't emailed me back yet and I desperately need to finish of the stats analysis. My lab mate on campus is nice, but doesn't know enough to help me.

Last night, Torosushi, Kare-bear, and Toronto dropped by to visit! Only, I was on a walk with Chuperman when they arrived - oops. I failed to bring my cell phone with me (typical absent-minded pregnant momma symptom). When we got home, I noticed 3 extra pairs of sandals in the foyer AND I heard Mah-Jong tiles clinging and clanging. I thought - OH NO - my parents have trapped my friends into playing mah-jong with them hahaaa. It was a hilarious and fun night. Thanks girls for coming over and bring over goodies:P I actually went to Mitsuwa for lunch today for eel bowl with egg. It came with side salad, miso soup, and eggplant:) Pretty tasty stuff for a food court. I also got a Diet Calico drink - not bad.

I haven't figured out how to upload my profile pic on this site yet haha. Blogspot definitely isn't as userfriendly or dummy proof like Xanga.

This is me, almost 6 wks ago, at 10 weeks pregnant on our last day of being in Costa Rica:

The image “http://chumi.smugmug.com/photos/169693964-S.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Now, 2 days shy of being 16 wks pregnant, my belly is indeed poppin' out! Stuff(2) a lil north of my belly have gotten bigger too- yipppeeee. I've been doing a lot of shopping lately. At V-generation, some of the Large shirts I tried on couldn't fit me. How sad. But I know V-generation has tiny stuff to begin with, their sizes are all jacked up, and they don't have specific maternity clothes. At Old Navy, I'm still a Small in maternity - I need to hit up Old Navy at the Spectrum.

FYI for the locals, the only Old Navy w/ maternity clothes in the vicinity of OC is at the Spectrum and I think Westminister or something. I went to South Coast Metro Old Navy and was disappointed that they didn't carry maternity clothes. But I didn't care b/c I was hungry and got myself a french dip sandwich at Lawry's Carvery shortly after :P I don't like their french roll as much as the previous bun they use - was it ciabatta or something of the like?

Happy Hump Day!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! I had a fun time with you parents yesterday! Thanks for the pointers on which mahjong tiles to discard! haha...I would have been lost without you! =)

bikingmama said...

Looking good, lil' mama! Congratulations on stepping into the second trimester with your golden pig baby!

Do you have a link to some more vacation pics? My family lived in SJ, CR in the mid 80s. I'm interested to see if I recognize anything in your pics. :)

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRAND NEW MOMMY!
hope this year becomes full with happy memories and laughters of joy! i know it's going to be challenging to experience mommyhood for the first time. but, know that we're here to help you when you yell. so, feel free to yell out as many time as you want. enjoy your special sweet desserts today :)