Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Big Apple!!!

Sorry for the delay! I only had time to quickly post on facebook before i dashed off to take JAcob to his tumbling class.

At10am, with our hearts pounding wildly, we checked and saw what we've been waiting for and what Chuperman has prophesied in his dream last night. This is what we saw:

Match Results: Congratulations, you have matched!
Pgm Code: 1428110C0
Emergency Medicine
Maimonides Med Ctr-NY


Both Chuperman and I had a gut feeling we'd end up in the Big Apple. I will be toughened up for sure living city slicker style in NYC. On the otherhand, perhaps I can bring with me some sunshine and warmth to all the hardened souls in NYC. Notorious for my happy-go-lucky giggling and attitude, I'm going to count on my sense of humor to get me through the rest of the year.

Surprisingly, I'm pretty neutral with the match. I didn't cry or anything. I was just relieved that we didn't match to PA or CT! If it's anywhere in the EC, i'd want to live in the Big Apple - hands down.

Now on to our next step: looking for housing and figuring out what to do with our furniture. We have to figure out how much it'll cost to move our furniture out there or probably just buy furniture out there.

After we come back from our fam vacay to Cancun in late April, Chuperman and I will make a separate trip out to NYC in May to look for housing!


Girl Scout cookies!!

My order of GS cookies were finally delivered from a GS mom coming from Balboa to my doorstep just minutes after finding out that we matched to the Big Apple. It's already going fast hahahaaa. Oh how I love my peanut butter tagalong sandwiches and caramel delights (somoas)!

7 comments:

Annie said...

congrats!!!! i agree, if i had to live anywhere else besides socal, i would pick NYC.

Josephine said...

CONGRATS!! NYC will be soooo much fun! But Joey will seriously miss Jacob so much though! =(

bikingmama said...

yay!!! NYC is fun! The kids will get so much urban experience. You'll probably love it. :)

Unknown said...

I can't wait for you to be in NY :) !! Keep me posted. Where is the hospital located?

Tif Sweeney said...

I just found your blog!!! Good luck with your upcoming move, vacation, new arrival, etc. There is a lot to do, but it sure is an exciting time!

As for us, we are heading back to MO!! Never thought that would happen, but we are okay with it because we will be back near a real city!! :) Most of our choices were on either the east or west coasts, so the shock of staying in the Midwest and it being our #5 choice was a bit weird at first!! Someday, we will make it back to the coast . . . 4 years to be exact!! :)

You mentioned that you were expecting in July. My baby girl was born just this last July!! She will be 9 months in a few short days and my son is 4. This will be cross-country move #3 for him, but thankfully, he is taking it well!! He considers it just another adventure!!

Well, I should head back to looking at more houses! We are scheduled to move at the end of April, so we are doing our big house hunt this upcoming weekend!! Yikes!! I just have to keep telling myself to take it one day or one task at a time!! Good luck and stay in touch!

Tif @ Our Medical Lives

Tif Sweeney said...

Wow! I just noticed that I wrote a novel on here!! Sorry about that!!

If you want to chat more, here is my email . . . whimsicalmsw at gmail dot com

Tammy said...

Congrats Michelle and Isaac! Louie and I will come to visit you and you can come to UM anytime:) AA will always be home- and just a 1hr flight! How are you feeling? *hugs*