Wednesday, March 18, 2009

1 more day til Match Day!

Today is officially the last day of the Calm before the Storm.

The suspense is overwhelming -- Match Day is tomorrow!

Just some background on Match Day:
It has already been decided where Chuperman matches. On Monday, we found out that he did indeed match. They actually could have told us right then and there but they're making us wait another 3 days so that those who did not match can scramble for a program. Agonizing right? They already know, but why can't they just tell us earlier! Then tomorrow at 10am pacific time is going to be the big unveiling for each person's match!

In 21 hours we will find out where we'll relocate to. In 21 hours, I'm probably going to be crying out of joy or sadness/stress, or just in quiet state of shock, prob a mixture of all the above. In 21 hours, i'll prob poo in my pants like Jacob. Chuperman is taking the day off tomorrow since it's Match Day. This is a huge deal (bigger than St.Patty's day by far haha). No matter what happens, we've (i've) decided that we should take Jacob to Disneyland to blow off some steem(we gotta take advantage of chuperman's day off and the fact that im still relatively mobile). Although, we might be too frazzled to make it out to DL. We do have to take Jacob to his "tumbling for toddlers" class at 10:30am tomorrow (just mins after we find out!).

Last Plea: No matter what happens/ where we end up I pray to God that we'll be able to transition to our new city smoothly. Our new city has already been decided. It's up to me to adjust to the news tomorrow. I need to remember to keep an open mind and a positive attitude. It will no doubt be a physically & emotionally challenging ordeal for me to move to a new city, deliver #2 baby, recover from childbirth, and probably nursing a newborn, on top of caring for a toddler, without help from our families or nanny, and with Chuperman working insane hours. I pray that God give me strength to get me through the rest of the year and that I can stay sane through it all! Lord, help me to be like water and just go with the flow of life. Help me to look at the big picture at all the wonderful things in my life. Help me to be good strong mother to my babies and good wife during the next few years of transition and motherhood x's 2! Have faith in God.

Laguna Beach:
It's a gorgeous day today. 70 degrees, sunny, breezy, what more could you ask for. I'm excited to take Jacob to Laguna Beach after his nap. It would be so therapeutic to listen to the waves crashing. I wish I could get a pre-natal massage at the Montage!! Maybe mother's day? *hint hint hint* =P

Glucose Screening Test:
This morning I had the pleasure of taking a 1-hr glucose screening test. As some may recall, during the last pregnancy with Jacob I had gestational diabetes. I failed the 1 hr glucose screening test AND the 3 hr glucose tolerance test. It was a very annoying condition to have. I hope I pass this time so that I won't have to take the 3 hr glucose tolerance test.

1 comment:

Josephine said...

best of luck!! the whole match process sounds so grueling!

so jealous you were able to go to laguna today and a massage a montage sounds fab!!!