Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ooooooooooh BOY

hahaa.. yes, it is true. We are having ANOTHER boy! :P I'm super excited since JAcob just loves watching other kids play and playing with them. He'll even chase other babies down in music class. Who knows if we'll be brash enough later on to try for a girl given Chuperman's crazy schedule and the chance of possibly moving coast-to-coast with multiple kids!

Actually, I already knew the sex when I had an in-house U/S done at 15wks (I am now 20 wks) so I really wasn't surprised today when I saw the lil bebe's crown jewels again, but this time more clearly. During the 15wk U/S the lil bebe was totally crossing its legs but we were able to catch a brief glimpse of the sex. Today, as soon as the U/S machine turned on - the first image was lil bebe totally spread eagle with everything showing haha like he was saying "look at me, i'm a boy!"

I get a cursory U/S from my OB every time I see him which was today. I'm having an official anatomy U/S done with a technician on Friday.

I didn't think I'd be so happy after the U/S. I think today, which is exactly half-way mark at 20 wks - is the first day during this pregnancy where I'm actually excited to be pregnant (during 1st pregnancy i was naively excited) Everyday since I found out that I got knocked up again has been filled with a mixed bag of emotions comprising of regret, self-pity, and feeling bitter haha. But now after today's U/S, I'm really excited to see how Jacob reacts to a new baby bro! I think he'd be too young to really know what's going on. I don't think he'd be jealous cuz by the time he meets his younger sibling, Jacob will still only be 18mos. We'll see tho as babies are still quite unpredictable! haha. We're going to take Jacob to see his lil bro at the U/S appt this Friday;)

2 comments:

Annie said...

congrats!!!!

Josephine said...

wow! i'm so jealous! i really want a boy, and you have 2! =)

congrats to big brother jacob too! he will be such a great big brother!