Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not a momma's boy & the kid really likes to sleep

UNmomma's boy - Jacob took his first steps 10 days ago! He still prefers to crawl most of the time but is gradually taking a few steps on his own here and there. Even before he started taking his 1st steps, Jacob would literally crawl around me to get to Chuperdaddy. Another example is when Jacob wakes up in the AM he likes to stand on his 2 feet and hold himself up against the crib rail. If I stand directly in front of him and if Chuperman stands to the side - Jacob will avoid me and side-step to get closer to his daddy. This happens every time Chuperman and I stand in front of him - it never fails!

Also, since he's been kind of walking - we have Jacob practice his walking skills by having him walk to and from daddy and mommy. In the beginning, he would walk to and from mommy and daddy. Now when he walks from daddy to mommy, he'll take a few steps to me then U-turn to walk back to daddy!! This happened like 10x's tonight. Jacob only walked to me like once and walked to daddy like 30x's. UNBELIEVABLE.



Jacob will choose Chuperman HANDS DOWN over mommy! Unbelievable given that I housed him for 9 mos, delivered him, nursed and pumped for him for a whole year, nurture his mind, body, and soul on a daily basis.... simply unfair that Chuperman takes all the credit.

Chuperman thinks Jacob's funny reaction to me is b/c "you treat Jacob like a rag doll". Admittedly, there might be some truth to this theory b/c when I'm with Jacob I'm always wrestling with him, squeezing him tight, kissing him, tickling him haha... okie I smother him:P I've been called "Aunti Elmyra" before b/c elmyra's mantra is "I just wanna love you and hold you and squeeze you" haha. Whereas Chuperman is more gentle with him and gives the kid more space.

Chuperman's way of consoling me is "maybe the 2nd one will like you better"... THANKS for that gracious comment.



14hrs - Jacob slept another 14 hrs last night. It doesn't beat his personal record but close to it. I think like a month or 2 ago he slept for 14.5 hrs straight. On top of sleeping 14 hrs last night from 8pm-10am, he still napped from 2-4pm and went to bed on time at 8pm again! Maybe he'll wake up earlier tomorrow. Jacob usually wakes up at around 8am.

Feeling better alas!!
The past 10 or so days, I've been feeling better! Most of my nausea is gone - I still have weird food aversions (like i can't eat rice but i can eat rice noodles) and I can't really feed Jacob his foods especially egg yolk and ground meats *puke*, but overall, I'm less fatigued and I feel more like myself:) Since I got some of my energy back, we were able to take him to the beach at least 4x's. We strolled around CDM, Laguna Beach, Balboa Island - Peninsula Park, and Crystal Cove. It's been a lot of fun going out with him since he's more interactive and "talkative" (as in random babbling and singing) now hehe.

Here are some pix from Joey's amazing 1st Bday party!

http://chumi.smugmug.com/photos/466854020_psyu6-M.jpg
Mommy and Jacob -- jacob dressed up in his finest threads that day to impress birthday girl:P

http://chumi.smugmug.com/photos/466856060_cC2Po-M.jpg
Adorable piggy Joey at her 1st bday party!

http://chumi.smugmug.com/photos/466856468_Jh5fN-M.jpg

the blazer is off -- happily playing together!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

glad you're feeling better! sorry our kid seems to like me better. :)

Annie said...

hahaha~before i got to chuperman's comment, i was already thinking, "i'm sure the 2nd one will totally like you more." don't feel bad though. it's a great excuse to get out of things (i.e., chuperman, why don't you wake up and change him since he likes you more?)

Josephine said...

awwwwww.... jacob is walking like a pro!!! and is he studying already? or those flashcards i see on the floor?! HEHE

yea, i know how you feel. joey likes the remote better than her mommy or daddy! she won't walk to me, but she will run towards the remote!

and again, jacob looks waaaay handsome in his fine threads! =)

mefull said...

he WILL be a momma's boy! you just wait!

bikingmama said...

Moss is the same with daddy, so unfair! You should see our kids' faces when daddy gets home. *rolling eyes*