Tuesday, February 17, 2009

DL annual passports?

... leaning towards a YES haha. I've had a surge of energy in recent weeks as I am now almost 5 months pregnant or into the coveted "honeymoon" phase of pregnancy. I feel pretty good for the first time since early November. Also, my outlook for the next year is much more optimistic. I've decided that I am going block out all of the stress until we actually know where we'll end up - then we'll be in major GO GO GO mode looking for housing, moving, preparing for 2nd baby, looking for a sitter! Getting stressed and overwhelmed now isn't going to change anything so I'm just going to focus on spending time with Jacob and Chuperman for now.

I feel happier these days as my nausea is pretty much history (except for really potent smelling meats and fish) and my energy level has picked back up to probably 75% which is better than <25% (my 1st trimester - or this time around 1st 15 or 16 weeks). I even worked out at 24hr fitness yesterday! Not a crazy work out cuz this time around I don't want to get injured again (muscle strain, not being able to walk for a few days).

So anyway, a proposed gift of Disneyland annual passports has been extended to us. I think it would be so great to take Jacob since he's relatively good whenever we go out. Yes, he's still a handful b/c he's only 1 but I think he'd enjoy the music, sights, and merriment that DL has to offer. On the otherhand, Chuperman is against taking a 1 yr old to Disneyland but frankly, I think I've exhausted all the less-expensive alternatives. In the past several weeks, we've taken Jacob to numerous beaches, Fashion Island, Spectrum, SCP, the Grove/Farmer's market in LA, and the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. We as adults get tired of going to the same places over and over. DL is so huge and we couldn't possible cover even 1/2 the park in 1 day.

The days left in living in utopic OC are numbered for us, especially since I'll be giving birth to #2 in hopefully end of June (the earlier the better) or early July. This will probably be the last time I'll be able to spend one-on-one quality time with Jacob before I have to go through the newborn stage again. I work only part-time and have various meetings and classes scattered throughout the week, but for the most part, I'd be able to take Jacob to DL even during the week to avoid crowds. Plus, in this economy, I've heard from other passport holders that DL is not crowded, even on a saturday.

Even though Jacob won't be able to go on any adult rides and I wouldn't be able to either since I'm with child again haha -- Jacob and I would still be able to go on Winnie the Pooh, Pirates of the Carib, Haunted House, It's a Small World, Tiki Room, Dumbo, the tram, the railroad, parades, Mark Twain, shows, meet disney characters etc... Plus I heard that DL is really family friendly (obviously right?).

So, are there any other (prospective) passport holders out there? Tips, pointers?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let us know if you guys get it. Annie and I have been thinking about it for some time now. And...Disneyland is so close...

Josephine said...

Yes, we also have been thinking about getting it for awhile now too! Let's all get and it and make a trip out of it =)

mefull said...

It's still enjoyable for you and a 1 year old baby!

tiramesu82 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tiramesu82 said...

alright! i think we're gonna go on sunday afternoon;) like at 3-ish -- see ya there hopefully!