Friday, January 23, 2009

jacob's allergy list

Jacob recently took a food panel allergy test and this is what he's allergic to:

-milk (all dairy - so no cheese, no yogurt, etc)
-peanuts
-egg whites (no bread or noodles made with egg)
-soy (Tofu, soymilk, etc)
-sesame (seeds and sesame oil!)

Recently we've been giving him rice milk fortified with calcium, vit A,D, etc and I've doubled up on egg yolks for the lil guy. No more tofu is a huge one since he's had it everyday for the past 5 months - so we've increased the meat (turkey, beef, chicken, fish). Hopefully this is all just a phase. He'll have take another food panel allergy test when he's 2 yrs old. Until then, I have to be the gatekeeper and really watch what he eats.

Pregnancy Dreams - "Single Mom trying to finish her senior yr"

The last few wks I've had very vivid dreams of being back in undergrad at Umich as a senior. The dreams always go something like this -- barely passing, might not graduate, feeling super stressed out haha. These past dreams were pre-Chuperman era, so no babies. And then last night my dream jumped to the future and incorporated my 2 babies! haha I know, the 2nd one ain't born yet, but in my dream the 2nd baby was like 6 mos old and jacob was 2 yrs old AND i still had like 10 classes to take to graduate college! I recall that I had to take a bus with 2 babies in tow to try to get a family friend to watch my babies while i attended class and studied. The most stressful part of the dream was that I had to buy bus tickets while juggling 2 babies, but the stupid machine wasn't being cooperative and of course there was a huge line behind me. Then of course I took the wrong bus going the wrong way. I also had to live in a dorm with 2 babies, but at least i had my own room and own bathroom - thank God! Now that I think of it, the weird thing was that Chuperman wasn't around. I was like a single mom trying to finish college with 2 babies. Maybe because in real life, i haven't seen Chuperman for 12 days - since he's been on the east coast. Thank God he's coming back tomorrow!

I woke up this morning and shot up from bed. I really thought I still needed 10 more classes to graduate. The dream was so realistic that I had to reassure myself that yes, I did indeed graduate from college and miraculously graduated from a grad school. Crazy stuff.


Enjoy the RAIN!! Love it! TGIF!

3 comments:

Josephine said...

wow, what a hectic dream! maybe you need a little romantic valentine's getaway! HEHEHE =)

thanks for your encouraging comment on joey's blog. i was feeling a little sad and down that she didn't do certain things. she also refuses her sippy cup and wants to drink water from a spoon?! so weird. but seriously, i am so glad you know what i am feeling and going through. =)

Anonymous said...

and i thought my dreams were crazy...

Annie said...

that's some serious allergy list! poor jacob. :( and poor tiramesu...you sound so stressed! maybe you can get some r&r this weekend and let the nanny take over. :)