Monday, August 11, 2008

A-ma's b-day & Pool-time!

..but first, a recapo of tiramesu's dirty 30 @ javier's haha:
  • setting the tone for the evening: pre-partied at home with 1/2 the crew, imbibed whole bottle of champagne, had some strawberries
  • walking into javier's: champagne hitting tiramesu HARD... i found it very difficult to walk at this point and for the rest of the night haha. i was heard chanting "marcos room! marcos room!" "dirty 30 dirty 30!" "pretty wall"
  • vaguely remember greeting anan, el gato, c-note & joey.. sorry! didn't mean to get wasted that fast haha... vaguely remember greeting everyone else... there were prob a lot of sympathetic eyes saying "wow, this is what motherhood has done to tiramesu"
  • for the first time in my entire life, i actually skipped dinner!!! i felt sick from all the champagne & strawberries. i remember chuperhubby and yuko we're trying to force feed me but was met with much resistance.
  • it was super challenging to blow out all 30 candles, especially the last one!
  • i not only embarassed myself that night but i managed to embarass my commitment phobic bro-in-law ... "seal the deal!"
  • i spat on judy bootie a few times while talking about her upcoming wedding next yr haha
  • i wanted to go to ocean club afterwards haha.. had extremely difficult time walking there with one arm slumped over yuko's shoulder and other arm slumped over hubby's haha
  • ocean club was jam-packed... no worries, i was in no condition to go on.. so that was the end of the night... only 10:30pm... but clearly i was done!
  • went home and puked twice... i know, very gross... i won't say i will never drink like that again, but i will say that i won't be drinking LIKE THAT any time soon. haha
I think and hope everyone had a good time. Apparently, I'm quite the happy drunk.
I'm gonna shy away from posting shameful pix of myself hahaa.... a drunk tiramisu is very unattractive altho if you log onto f-book, you might see some incriminating pix haha.

My mom and I have bdays very close to each other. So pretty much the entire month of August is overloaded with various cakes, desserts, and pastries.
On the day of my mom, or A-ma's, bday - we went to Tommy Bahama Cafe on a fluke. Unfortunately, Chuperman was still working and missed dinner, so it was just me, chuperbaby, a-ma, and a-gong. It was only my 2nd time at TB. Everything we ordered was really delicious. My dad got their famous pulled pork sandwich, my mom got a light and healthy seared ahi tuna salad with coleslaw, and i tried their lobster grilled cheese sandwich with a cup of tomato soup as displayed below:


The lobster grilled chz sandwich was pretty good, but not overwhelminglygood. I still think Doughboy's afterschool special - grillled chz sandwich with 4 different kinds of cheeses and tomato soup is my top choice for comfort food.

Below is chuperbaby enjoying a-ma's pina colada hahaaaa..... the alcohol gene is being passed on as we speak!




First time swimming!!! Jacob is now 7 mos old and is still tubby as can be:
Chuperbaby loves his new ride - a swimming sea turtle!


I fear that Chuperbaby will start to crawl soon as he is able to get on his feet now and sorta crawl forwards and backwards, as well as rolling from belly to back and vice versa.

Oh, and Chuperbaby can say "ma"! He can also unintentionally say "hi" "hey" "hello" "a-gong" "a-ma" ... needs to work on saying "da da" or "ba ba". Okie, jacob is calling for me!!

2 comments:

Josephine Morgan said...

chuperbaby is soooooo cute in his swimming gear and sunglasses! AND joey has the same turtle swimming floatie thing! another J&J thing in common! =)

Annie said...

do you also remember playing with pillar candles by the "pretty wall"? heh heh.